INTERNSHIP APPLICATIONS OPEN: Supporting the Order’s work at the United Nations
Apply today for January 2020 start!
The Permanent Observer Mission of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta to the United Nations Headquarters, New York City, welcomes young members and volunteers of the Order to apply for full-time unpaid internships. Interns are typically accepted for 3 month periods over the fall, winter and spring/summer months. Our interns come from all over the globe and play a vital role in supporting the Order’s work at the United Nations by:
- attending official UN meetings on behalf of the Order, including the General Assembly, Economic and Social Council and Security Council;
- writing reports on events / meetings of particular interest to the Order, ensuring that the Grand Magistry is up to date and informed of anything that might impact its international work;
- ensuring that the Mission’s website is kept up to date with summaries of all of the Mission’s participation in the United Nations’ activities;
- managing and updating the Mission’s various social media accounts;
- organizing events, receptions and exhibits.
We also encourage our interns to get involved in the more informal ‘side events’ which are held at the United Nations, as well as engaging with the many social events taking place there.
If interested, please fill out the APPLICATION FORM and email a copy of your CV, together with a photograph, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional details can be found on our website at https://www.un.int/orderofmalta/
The Mission will be in contact with more details and qualified applicants will be asked to set up an interview time.
Applicants should be members, candidates or volunteers of the Order and will be asked to submit a letter of support from an officer of their National Association, Order of Malta volunteer corps or Priory/Sub Priory. The internship is unpaid and interns are expected to make their own travel, housing, health insurance and visa arrangements. The internship is contingent upon obtaining the proper visa.